CASING - STITCHED WITH CHEER

 
Hello, Happy Wednesday everyone!
Today I’m sharing my take on a card from the Stitched With Cheer Project Kit.
I’ve chosen to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) the star card design from the kit.
 
To begin today’s project I started with the card base, making an A2 top folding card,
using the Stampin' Trimmer for my cutting and scoring, using Crumb Cake Cardstock.
 
Next I used the full wreath from the Wondrous Wreath Photopolymer Stamp Set and
stamped the wreath image onto my card base using Whisper White Craft Stampin' Ink.

 
For the large star I’ve used the Stars Framelits Dies, die cutting the star out of the
Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack - this paper is so pretty and festive!
 
The sentiment comes from the versatile Stitched With Cheer Photopolymer stamp Set,
I’ve stamped the “Merry & Bright” banner sentiment onto Whisper White Cardstock
using Basic Black Archival Ink, I’ve then used the coordinating banner die from the
Bunch Of Banners Framelits Dies to die cut out the banner.
 
To assemble my card I’ve chosen to stick pretty close to the original card design.
 
In place of the burlap ribbon I've added two thin 1/4" wide strips of Gold Glimmer Paper,
these act as a sort of “mock ribbon” under the star and give the card a touch of sparkle.
 
I then adhered the Warmth & Cheer die cut star over the Gold Glimmer Paper mock ribbon,
popping the star up with Stampin' Dimensionals and centring the star over the stamped wreath.

 
Instead of having the hand stitched outline around the star I’ve chosen to instead use the
gold twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack to make a messy twine bundle to go under my
sentiment banner.
 
To finish things off I adhered the sentiment banner on top of the messy twine bundle using
more Stampin' Dimensionals, giving my final layer another pop of dimension and depth.
 
There you have it! My take on the Stitched With Cheer Project Kit star card.
I hope you enjoyed this project and have a go at casing a card design,
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
- project supply list -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Stars Framelits Dies
Fast Fuse Adhesive
Gold Glimmer Paper
Stampin' Dimensionals
Baker's Twine Trio Pack
Stampin' Trimmer (Metric)
Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock
Whisper White A4 Cardstock
Bunch Of Banners Framelits Dies
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
Wondrous Wreath Photopolymer Stamp Set
Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack
Stitched With Cheer Photopolymer Stamp Set

No comments