CASOLOGY WEEK 207 - ROUGH


Hello, welcome back everyone!
Today’s card I created for this week’s CASology challenge,
Our cue card / challenge for week 207 at CASology is “ROUGH”.
 
 
I immediately thought of “rough texture” when I saw the cue card for this week’s challenge,
I chose to use a few raw (rough) elements on my card design, using cork and wood veneer.
 
Again I’ve started off by making an A2 top folding card out of Trophee Board White Linen cardstock,
Using my wonderful We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to do all my trimming and paper scoring.
 
I’ve then begun by stamping three leaves, using the Stampin’ Up! Vintage Leaves Photopolymer Stamp Set,
stamping all the leaves in Versamark Ink so I could heat emboss them to give the leaves some added texture.

 
I’ve used Rangers Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder on the Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake cardstock leaves to give them a nice tone on tone colour, while still allowing the leaves to look soft, but have that texture from the heat embossing, I then heat embossed another of the smaller leaves onto a piece of Vellum cardstock, using Rangers White Super Fine Embossing Powder.
 
I then went ahead and die cut out all the leaves using the coordinating Leaflets Framelits Dies,
I also die cut out a small Adhesive Backed Cork banner, using the Banners Framelits Die Set.
 
To assemble the card I started by applying my Adhesive Backed Cork banner to the card base,
I then made a large messy bundle of Gold Metallic Thread and adhered this to the cork banner.

 
Using Mini Glue dots I then adhered all my leaves on top of the thread and cork banner, offsetting them slightly to the right hand side of the card base, lastly I adhered the Thanks Wood Veneer to the large Cherry Cobbler leaf using Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
 
As a finishing touch, I added a few Gold Metallic Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in two sizes,
Adhering the sequins to the card with a small amount of Rangers Glossy Accents Adhesive.
 
I hope you enjoyed this rough texture thank you card design.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Versamark - Ink Pad
Gold Metallic Thread
Vellum A4 Cardstock
Leaflets Framelits Dies
Banners Framelits Die Set
Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler A4 Cardstock
Expressions Natural Elements - RETIRED
Vintage Leaves - Photopolymer Stamp Set
Tombow Mono - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Ranger - Glossy Accents Adhesive
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
DCWV - Adhesive Backed Cork 6X6 Stack
Pretty Pink Posh - 4MM Metallic Gold Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh - 6MM Metallic Gold Sequins
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Clear
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine White
 
….
 
OTHER SUPPLIES
 
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


2 comments

  1. Wow - I know that set and it's never looked so good - the tone-on-tone embossing is gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete