GUEST DESIGNER FOR STAMPIN' CELEBRATION!

 
Hello, welcome back my crafty friends!
Today I’m incredibly honored to be a Guest Designer at Stampin’ Celebration.
I’m so excited to be playing with some seriously talented ladies with this week’s sketch.
As most of you know we will soon be saying goodbye to the 2014-2016 In Colours from Stampin’ Up!,
and as a farewell to my favorite color I decided to use it for today’s card, choosing the following color combination for my card - Blackberry Bliss, Silver / Grey and White.

To start off I made an A2 top folding card out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock,
Using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to do all my trimming and scoring.
 
To add a print to my card base and to give the card some texture I dry embossed the whole front
of my card using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Simple Flowers (super cute little flowers).
 
Now since I don’t own any file tab dies I had to improvise a bit for this sketch,
For my “mock file tab” I used the Deco Labels Framelits Dies from Stampin’ Up! and used the smallest die in the set to partially die cut some Silver Glimmer Paper, I then used my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to trim the cardstock in a straight line starting from my die cut lines, trimming the Glimmer Paper down to 2 ¼” x 4 1/8”.

 
I then trimmed down some Trophee Board White Linen cardstock, trimming down the panel to 2” x 4 1/8 “, so it's just slightly smaller than the Silver Glimmer Paper panel, giving me a nice sparkly border once the two panels are adhered together.
 
Using the Timeless Textures Clear Mount Stamp Set I took the beautiful swirly leaf / foliage stamp and stamped on to the Trophee Board White Linen panel with Smoky Slate ink, this just gave my panel a little more interest so it wasn’t completely plain and added some glam to the card.
 
The banner for the sentiment was made using Blackberry Bliss cardstock trimmed to 1/4" wide, I then paired it with a 1/8” strip of striped Blackberry Bliss Moonlight Designer Series Paper with the end trimmed at an angle.
 
For the sentiment I used a Stampin’ Up! stamp set called An Open Heart, I took the “Thank You” stamp and stamped my banner with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder.
 
To make the little flower that sits on top of the banners I used the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies, die cutting more Blackberry Bliss cardstock for the base flower, I then used the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to add the centre Sliver Glimmer Paper flower, to finish it all off I added a Black Candy dot to the centre of the Glimmer Paper.
 
To assemble my card I adhered the Trophee Board White Linen panel down to my Silver Glimmer Paper panel using Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue, I then popped the whole panel up with some Best Creation Large 3D Foam Tape Dots to add some dimension to the card.

 
Useing more Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue I adhered the banners to my stamped Trophee Board White Linen panel, slightly overlapping them; I then used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere the flower to the banners.
 
To tie in the last element of the sketch I added a few Rich Razzleberry Candy Dots around the banner tail ends.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this week’s Stampin’ Celebration sketch,
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today and a big thank you to Wendi and the Design Team
at the Stampin’ Celebration Challenge blog for having me as a guest designer this week.
 
Don't forget to check out the Stampin' Celebration Challenge blog - you' re sure to be inspired
by the amazingly talented Design Team and their wonderful cards, and why not join us this week!
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Brights Candy Dots
Neutrals Candy Dots
Silver Glimmer Paper
Blackberry Bliss A4 Cardstock
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Botanical Builder Framelits Dies
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies
An Open Heart Clear Mount Stamp Set
Timeless Textures Clear Mount Stamp Set
Tombow Mono - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack - RETIRED
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Silver
Best Creation - Large Square 3D Foam Tape Dots
 
….
 
OTHER
 
Cuttlebug - Simple Flowers Embossing Folder
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments