AS YOU SEE IT CHALLENGE #121

 
Hello, Happy Wednesday everyone !
This week I have a card I created for the As You See It Challenge blog.
Over at the As You See It Challenge we have a very fun and flirty sketch to work with,
I knew straight away what I wanted to create for this challenge, which is a first for me!
 
 
I decided to go with lots of ruffles, two shades of pink, and a bit of sparkle !
 
I started off by using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to trim down some
Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM cardstock, making an A2 top folding card.
 
Next using a retired Stampin’ Up! stamp set called Hello Darling I took the “Hello Darling” stamp and stamped this with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Black Embossing Powder.
 
To add a bit of colour to the sentiment I used my Crisp Cantaloupe Stampin' Write Marker to colour in the leaves and a little part of one of the flowers, I then used a Blender Pen and my Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad to colour the rest of the little flowers in.

 
For the little berries / circles on the sentiment I added a tiny drop of Rangers Glossy Accents and then added some Gold Stampin' Glitter just to give it a little sparkle and some more interest.

 
Using the My Favorite Things Blueprints 23, I took the scallop trim boarder and die cut four of each using Watermelon Wonder and Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock, I also cut a strip of Gold Glimmer Paper to add to the top of all my scallop trims, just to give the card some sparkle.
 
I adhered everything down using some Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
 
To finish off the card and to add a bit more detail, I tied some Gold Cord Trim around the card front, overlapping the Gold Glimmer Paper and the first Watermelon Wonder scallop trim.

I really liked how this card turned out and I hope you liked what I did with the As You See It sketch.

I am also entering this card in over at The Paper Players Blog, they have a super fun Tic Tac Toe challenge going at the moment and this card ties in perfectly with it, I chose to play with the middle line, going across with Die Cuts, Pink and Girly !

 
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Ranger - Glossy Accents Glue Dimensional Adhesive
 
....
 
MY FAVORITE THINGS
 
Die-Namics Blueprints 23
 
....
 
OTHER
 
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper
 
....
 
STAMPIN' UP!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


5 comments

  1. I love the clean and elegant look you've got going in this card. So lovely the way the scalloped layers echo the scallop in the sentiment. It's a stylish card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for your kind words, I really had fun with this sketch. =)

      Delete
  2. Well, this is just adorable! I love your ruffles and the sweet sentiment! Thanks for playing along this week with As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Melissa, I love the ruffles on your card created with scallops. So pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete