#BAMBI - MASCULINE CHRISTMAS CARD

 
Hello there, welcome back!
This week I decided to make a masculine Christmas card for you all,
I’m not sure about everyone else but I really struggle to make masculine cards.
 
So to make it easier on myself I used the same Wplus9 Stag Trio die set from last week, I decided to go with the stag head and a half wreath sort of look, keeping my card design clean and simple and just letting the stag element really stand out and do all the work for me.
 
I started off again by using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to trim down my favourite cardstock, making an A2 top folding card out of Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM Paper.

 
I also decided to use the same sentiment as last week, mainly just because it my favourite at the moment but also because it’s not too fancy and helps keep my masculine card looking nice and “manly”.
 
I heat embossed the Hero Arts Holiday Tree sentiment using Rangers Super Fine Black Embossing Powder, I also heat embossed the same sentiment to the back flap of a C6 envelope, I just like doing this as I think it looks better than a plain old envelope, plus it then matches the card.
 
Moving onto the die cutting, I took the stag head  from the Stag Trio die set and die cut him out using Stampin’ Up! Gold Glimmer Paper, this paper is super sparkly and makes the stag head really pop off the card front.

 
Next I die cut a circle that wasn’t quite as big as my stag head using Mossy Meadow cardstock and Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mat Circles, using the second smallest die to make the circle. Since I was keeping my card pretty simple with a lot of white area I wanted to add a bit more texture to the card so I dry embossed the circle using a small spotted embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.
 
To make the half wreath I used the Bird Builder Punch from Stampin’ Up!, punching out just the leaves / branches using Mossy Meadow cardstock, using my scissors I then trimmed down the branch ends so they weren’t so long.
 
To assemble the stag element before placing it onto my card I first ran a bit of Tombow Removable Adhesive Tape to the back of the die cut circle, I then placed my leaves out and very carefully pressed them in place, because this adhesive allows for removal and repositioning I then placed a bit of tape over the ends just so they didn’t move.

 
With the leaves firmly in place I then used my bone folder and curled up the ends of the leaves, this just gave them some more texture and also made them look like they weren’t just sitting there flat against the card.
 
I then used Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the circle to the card front, lastly I popped the stag head up on Small Foam Dots and placed him neatly in the centre of the circle.
 
That’s my card wrapped up for today, hope you liked it.
Have a lovely weekend and as always, thanks for reading.
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Bird Builder Punch
Gold Glimmer Paper
Whisper White - C6 Envelopes
Mossy Meadow A4 Cardstock
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Cutter Bee Scissors
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Tombow - Removable Adhesive Tape Runner
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Lifestyle Crafts - Spotted Embossing Folder Set
Best Creation - Small Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
Hero Arts - Holiday Tree - Coordinating Stamp And Die Set
 
.
 
Lil' Inker Designs
 
Stitched Mats - Circles
 
.
 
WPLUS9
 
Wplus9 - Stag Trio Designer Dies

.
 
OTHER

Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments