BIRTHDAY BALLOONS


Hello everyone, Happy Wednesday!
Now I must confess that today’s card is actually from my stash of older cards,
The reason for this is that it’s the start of two busy weeks at work for me and I just ran out of time to make anything decent, I still wanted to show you lovely folks something so i hope you enjoy this post and I hope to be back to my normal crafting ways next week and have some fresh new card designs to show you all.

To start off my card I used the Balloons Die set from Simon Says Stamp and used the largest balloon die in the set to die cut all three pieces of my cardstock / Designer Series Paper, For the first balloon, which will also be the front panel of my card I used some
retired Moonlight Designer Series Paper, for the back panel of my balloon I used Sahara Sand Cardstock,

Now my card wasn’t very thick with just these two pieces of cardstock and since this was going to be
“the card” and didn’t have a card base as such I also die cut another large balloon using a sheet of Simon Says Stamp Ultra Thick 120 LB White Cardstock, I will use this piece to sandwich in the middle just to give the card the thickness it needs.
 
 
Since my card front was already pretty busy with the Designer Series Paper I wanted to add a bit more interest to the back panel of the card, so using the birthday cake and the candle from the Stampin’ Up! stamp set Big Day, I stamped these two images all over the Sahara Sand die cut balloon using my Sahara Sand ink pad - This ink is light enough that you can write your birthday message over top of it and your message will still stand out.

 
Next I needed something to add my sentiment on so I took one of the smaller balloons in the same die set to die cut a piece of Hello Honey cardstock, This one balloon is a perfect circle once you snip off the balloons tail, I used one of the sentiments from the Big Day stamp set and heat embossed this to my die cut circle using some Rangers Super Fine Black Embossing Powder, I also decided to heat embossing another sentiment from the same stamp set to the back panel of the card.
 

With everything all done I just needed to put everything together, I adhered my Designer Series Paper  to one side of my Simon Says Stamp Ultra Thick 120 LB White Cardstock die cut balloon and then my stamped Sahara Sand die cut to the other; I popped my Hello Honey circle up on some Foam Dots just so my card wasn’t completely flat, I also felt my card just needed that little bit something more so I took the Perfect Bow die from Simon Says Stamp and die cut two bows using some Blackberry Bliss Cardstock, I then adhered one to the back and front of the balloons tail.
 
Still not quite happy and feeling I needed some sparkle on my card I also added some Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to some of the lettering on the sentiment. If I did this card again there are a few things I would like to change / add, but I was still reasonable happy with it.
 
Hope you have a lovely week,
Thanks for reading.
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Hello Honey A4 Cardstock
Sahara Sand A4 Cardstock
Blackberry Bliss A4 Cardstock
Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack - RETIRED
Big Day (Sale-A-Bration) - Clear Stamp Set - RETIRED
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Perfect Bow Die
Balloons Die Set
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
ZIG - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Tip Marker
Simon Says Stamp - Ultra Thick White Cardstock 120 LB

No comments