HEIDI SWAPP - FOILED MOTHER'S DAY CARD


Hello, welcome back everyone!
As most of you know Mother’s Day is only just around the corner, eek!
So for today’s card I thought I’d make a special card for my wonderful mum.
 
Today I’ll be using my Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator Machine,
The Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator Machine is a wonderful little gadget that allows you to add foil to paper, card stock, vellum, chipboard, and even thin wood veneer - this gives you so many possibilities to add foil to any of your crafting projects.
 
It works by heating the foil so it reacts with the toner on your project, permanently transferring the foil onto any area covered by toner, leaving the rest of the project foil free, this means you can use the Minc with the pre-printed Minc accessories and with any designs you print in black toner from your laser printer at home or your local copy shop.
 
Let’s get started, as always I started off by using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to
trim down some Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM cardstock, making an A2 top folding card.

 
Now onto the fun part, using the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator Machine!
First things first, you need to turn on your Minc to heat up, you also need to put it onto the right heat setting according to the different types of paper you are using, for the Heidi Swapp 5th Avenue 6 x 6 Paper Pad sheets it’s  a heat setting of 3.
 
While your Minc is heating up (it doesn’t take long) trim off some foil in your chosen colour, making it just slightly larger than your piece of paper you are going to be foiling, for my card design I chose gold, but you can use any colour you like and Heidi Swapp has a ton of beautiful foil colours to choose from.
 
Next open the transfer folder and lay you’re pattered paper inside, with the printed side up, place your piece of foil, foil side up onto your patterned paper, now gently close the transfer folder over the paper, making sure the paper and foil are still lined up, being careful to keep the foil smooth and unwrinkled.
 
Now you’re all set to feed the transfer folder into your Minc machine, the Minc’s rollers will grab the transfer folder and slowly pull it through the machine for you, just like a laminator would - don't force the folder through the machine or pull it out, just let it do its thing. =)
 
Once the folder has gone all the way through the Minc you can remove it, open the transfer folder and
slowly remove the foil from your paper, you now have a stunning shinny foiled piece of patterned paper !
 
Since this foiled paper is so stunning on it's own I wanted to keep my design pretty minimal, so I chose a plain black sentiment to go with my design, for today’s card I decided to use a really pretty modern brush calligraphy digital sentiment that I brought from Shutterstock.

 
I used my home printer and printed the sentiment out onto a sheet of Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM cardstock, I then die cut my sentiment out using a stitched circle from the Lil Inker Designs, Stitched Mats Circle die set.
 
Now I know I said it was stunning on its own but I later decided to add another stitched circle die cut just slightly larger than my sentiment circle in Gold Glimmer Paper, I just felt this made the card really pop and helped that sentiment stand out a bit more.
 
To assemble my card I adhered the whole 6 x 6 foiled patterned paper down to my card base, trimming off the excess paper (remember to keep those scraps for other projects), I then adhered the Gold Glimmer Paper circle onto my card using my Tombow Adhesive Tape Runner, I then popped the sentiment circle up with Best Creation Large 3D Foam Tape Dots and placed this on top of the Glimmer paper - all done, super easy right!
 
I really love how this card turned out, so much so that I ended up making four of them, the gold
foil is stunning in real life and the rose print adds a lovely touch to this Mother’s Day card,
Have a lovely week, and as always, thanks for stopping by.
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Gold Glimmer Paper
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Tombow - Adhesive Tape Runner
Heidi Swapp - 12 x 12 Minc Transfer Folder
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Heidi Swapp - 5th Avenue Minc 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Heidi Swapp - Gold 6 Inch Minc Reactive Foil Roll
Best Creation - Large Square 3D Foam Tape Dots
 
….
 
Lil' Inker Designs
 
Stitched Mats - Circles
 
....
 
OTHER
 
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Cardstock
Heidi Swapp - Minc Foil Applicator Machine (AU/NZ Plug)
 
….
 
DIGITAL IMAGE / IMAGE CREDIT
 
Happy Mother’s Day - Anastasiia Gevko @ Shutterstock.com


No comments