AS YOU SEE IT CHALLENGE #128


Hello, welcome back !
This is my second card design I created for the As You See It Challenge blog.
Don’t forget to check out my other card design for this challenge if you’re just joining me.
 
 
Like I said in my earlier post this sketch has a really neat artistic grunge vibe to it,
I played it safe with the first design but wanted to add a few more details to this design,
Again both cards designs are very similar, with just a few things changed in the second card.
 
As always I started off by using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to trim down
some Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM cardstock, making an A2 top folding card.
 
I then die cut another stitched rectangle out of Trophee Board White Linen cardstock
using the Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats Rectangles die set.
 
Again I dry embossed the stitched rectangle using the Daisy Do Embossing Folder from Craft Concepts, this time however I added some ink splatters to my embossed panel using some Tinsel (Silver) Colour Shine from Heidi Swapp, I used the nozzle and taped it to get my splatters, I didn’t spray it straight from the bottle as it would have covered my panel to much.

 
I think this gave the card  a nice bit of added texture without too much fuss whilst still keeping my card design clean, simple and elegant - its hard to tell from the photos but the ink splatters have a lovely silver sparkle to them, giving this card just that little bit more "wow" to it.
 
I then die cut two banners using the Stampin’ Up! Banners Framelits Die Set, using the third smallest banner in the set to die cut some Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper, choosing some lovely bold black and white stripes.
 
Using the Simon Says Stamp Large Tags die set I then die cut a tag out of Basic Black Cardstock, I then heat embossed my sentiment onto the bottom of my tag using Rangers Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder.
 
The sentiment for this card is from a Stampin’ Up! stamp set called Six-Sided Sampler.
 
I then made my butterflies exactly like my first card, I first took the lace / honeycomb butterfly from the Butterfly Basics Photopolymer Stamp Set and stamped the butterfly in Bermuda Bay ink, I then used the coordinating die to die cut my stamped image out, I then used the second largest butterfly in the Butterflies Thinlits die set to die cut another butterfly out of Soft Sky Cardstock.

 
To assemble my card I adhered the dry embossed stitched rectangle straight to the card base using Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue, I then used more Tombow to add both Designer Series Paper banners, with both straight edge showing on the banners (so the tails hide under the tag).
 
Again to give the card some dimension I added a few Best Creation Large 3D Foam Tape Dots to the tag before placing it onto my card front, I then used more Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the large Soft Sky butterfly to the tag, Using Mini Glue Dots I added the stamped Bermuda Bay butterfly on top of my Soft Sky butterfly.
 
I then added a white Resin Flower from Rosie's Studio to the centre of the stamped Bermuda Bay butterfly and tied a bow onto my tag using some May Arts Silver Metallic String, and as one more finishing touch I added a few Basic Rhinestone Jewels around the butterfly.

I hope you liked my second card deign for this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week,
 
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Butterflies Thinlits Dies
Soft Sky A4 Cardstock
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Banners Framelits Die Set
Basic Black A4 Cardstock
Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad
Tombow - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Six-Sided Sampler - Clear Stamp Set
Butterfly Basics - Photopolymer Stamp Set
Kaleidoscope - Designer Series Paper - RETIRED
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
May Arts - Silver Metallic String
Heidi Swapp - Tinsel Color Shine
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Simon Says Stamp - Large Tags Die Set
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Silver
Craft Concepts - Daisy Do A2 Embossing Folder
Best Creation - Large Square 3D Foam Tape Dots
 
....
 
Lil' Inker Designs
 
Stitched Mats - Rectangles
 
….
 
OTHER
 
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper
Rosie's Studio - Mini Blooms Resin Embellishments

4 comments

  1. Very similar designs! I can't say which I like best! Both are amazing! Thanks for playing twice at As You See It Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Heather, I couldn't decide what one I liked best so I had to make both even though they are very similar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one too but having told you already how much I like that DSP and how it tied card #1 together, I'll have to say it's my favourite one - but this one is gorgeous too. I love that you played twice and produced two such wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Jan, I really enjoyed this challenge as the sketch was so beautiful to work with. =)

    ReplyDelete