MINIMAL SYMPATHY CARD

 
Hello, Happy Wednesday everyone!
This month I’ll be taking a wee break from card challenges (with the exception of next week’s card),
instead I’ll be focusing more on a few card designs that I been wanting to make for a while now.
 
Today’s card is a type I don’t enjoy making as I always feel I’m jinxing someone, somewhere in the world by just making them, however unfortunately they are cards we sometimes need so I thought it would be good to have a few of them on hand.
 
My card design today is relatively minimal with all the attention drawn to the focal image,
I decided to go with some pretty gold heat embossed vellum with  just a simple sentiment.

I've started off by making an A2 top folding card out of Stampin' Up! Basic Black cardstock,
Using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to do all my trimming and scoring.
 
 
To add a bit of detail to the card base I used some Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine to make ink spaltters,
To create ink splatters you don’t use it as a mister like intended, but by unscrewing the nozzle and just tapping the suction tube you can create some fun and unique ink splatters onto any project.
 
Now onto the main part of this card, the beautiful gold heat embossed vellum.
Taking a sheet of Stampin’ Up! Vellum I started off by die cutting a stitched square using the My Favorite Things Stitched Square Staxs, I then gave my vellum a very generous rub / coating with my EK Success Powder Tool Applicator - this is very important to remember when using vellum as its notorious for its static cling.
 
I then used the branch / leaves stamp from the Stampin’ Up! stamp set An Open Heart and stamped these with Versamark ink onto my vellum square, I then sprinkled the whole thing with Rangers Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder and heat set it with my heat tool.

 
For the sentiment panel I trimmed down some Trophee Board White Linen cardstock, trimming down my panel to 3/4” x 2 3/4 “, I also paired my sentiment panel with a banner made from Gold Glimmer Paper, this helped the sentiment stand out and added a little sparkle to the card.
 
For the sentiment I used the same Stampin’ Up! stamp set An Open Heart, again stamping onto the sentiment panel with Versamark ink and then heat embossing it with Rangers Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder, while I was at it I also stamped the inside of my card with the rest of the sentiment carrying on from the front that says “So hard to find the words”.
 
Vellum is a translucent paper that can be challenging to apply to cards, so to hide my adhesive I first added some Best Creation Large 3D Foam Tape Dots to my sentiment panel, this also gave my card a bit of dimension and an area for me to hide my adhesive on my vellum square.
 
Not a card that I hope to be using anytime soon but I hoped you liked my minimal sympathy card,
Have a lovely week, and as always thanks so much for stopping by,
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Heat Tool
Gold Glimmer Paper
Vellum A4 Cardstock
Basic Black A4 Cardstock
An Open Heart Clear Mount Stamp Set
Tombow Mono - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Heidi Swapp - Gold Lame Color Shine
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Gold
Best Creation - Large Square 3D Foam Tape Dots
 
….
 
MY FAVORITE THINGS
 
Stitched Square Stax
 
....
 
OTHER
 
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments