STAMPIN' CELEBRATION CHALLENGE #123

 
Hello, welcome back everyone !
It’s officially the first week of March, which means the start of autumn here in little New Zealand,
It also means Easter isn't far away now, which means I can start using my Easter stamps and dies.
 
For today's card I’ll be joining Stampin’ Celebration for the first time with a sketch challenge.
I have gone ahead and rotated the sketch to better suit the sentiment I have used on todays card.

 
I wanted to create a card that I didn't have already so i decided to go with a baby girl card for this challenge, using a great quote stamp and some lovely soft shades of pink with a touch of gold.

As always I started off by using my We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board to trim down
some Trophee Board White Linen 240 GSM cardstock, making an A2 top folding card.
 
Using the My Favorite Things Blueprints #23 die set and taking the tall stitched die panel,
I die cut some Rosie’s Studio patterned paper as my main piece for everything to go on.
 
I then trimmed down some Trophee Board White Linen cardstock to 5 ½” by 2” as my sentiment panel.

 
I can’t remember were the stamp came from for the sentiment, it’s been in my stash for a very long time and is definitely a favorite of mine, it has such a neat font and is just a great all round quote for any baby girl / girl card.
 
To stamp the sentiment I used Stampin’ Up! Basic Black Archival ink, a great long lasting ink that
stamps well onto cardstock with a bit of texture to it like the Trophee Board White Linen cardstock.
 
With everything all ready to go I then popped the whole sentiment panel up with a few Best Creation Large 3D Foam Tape Dots so my card had a bit of dimension to it, I then tied some Gold Metallic String around the top half of the panel as my embellishment from the sketch.
 
To finish off the card and to make it a bit more sassy and fierce I also added a few Gold Metallic Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in two sizes, using the 4MM and 6MM sequins, I adhered these to the card with a tiny bit of Rangers Glossy Accents Adhesive.

 
- ADDED BOUNS -
 
I originally forgot that the sentiment was at the bottom of the panel in this weeks sketch and mistakenly stamped my sentiment in the middle which left me with a spare stamped panel, so instead of binning it I decided to turn it into a bookmark as an added gift with this card.
 
To make the bookmark I trimmed down some scrap Blushing Bride cardstock to 5 ½” by 2” to match my pre stamped panel and to tie in with the pink from the card, I then took the Stampin’ Up! Hostess stamp set Best Thoughts and stamped the large flower with Blushing Bride ink to the bottom half of the Blushing Bride panel, offsetting it slightly as I stamped.
 
I then punched a hole in the centre of both pieces of cardstock so I could add some ribbon to tie them together; I used some beautiful ribbon from American Crafts in blush and tied it off with some more Gold Metallic String.

Super quick and simple and a great way to use up those scrap bits of paper.
Have a lovely weekend, and as always thanks so much  for stopping by,
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
STAMPIN' UP!
 
Blushing Bride A4 Cardstock
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad
Best Thoughts Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
 
….
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
May Arts - Gold Metallic String
American Crafts - Ribbon (Blush)
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Pretty Pink Posh - 4MM Metallic Gold Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh - 6MM Metallic Gold Sequins
Best Creation - Large Square 3D Foam Tape Dots
Ranger - Glossy Accents Glue Dimensional Adhesive
 
....
 
MY FAVORITE THINGS
 
Die-Namics Blueprints 23
 
….
 
OTHER
 
Rosie’s Studio - In Style 6X6 Paper Pad
Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


4 comments

  1. I love this card! Probably because I love the saying and the font is perfect! The pink and gold together are brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendi for your lovely comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card! Really stunning! Congratulations as Pick of the Party, a well deserved winning spot! Thx for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete