SPRING FLOWERS

 
Hello again,
For my second post today I have two 3 x 3 cards to share with you,
My mum needed a Get Well card for a family friend and my sister wanted a Thank You card for a lovely lady that is kindly letting her graze her two horses in her paddock, so I made light work of my little job and made two cards with the one card design, again making two of each card.
 
Now I must confess that these aren’t fabulous as I was in a bit of a hurry towards the end,
But with a small bouquet of spring flowers I’m sure they will look nice enough.

 
I stated off by heat embossing four of the leaves / branches and four of the flowers onto some Tim Holtz - Distress Watercolour Cardstock using Rangers Super Fine Black Embossing Powder to outline them.

Taking my Aqua Painter I used Pumpkin Pie and added this as a base coat to all of the flowers, I let that dry for a bit and then added a touch of Tangerine Tango to the middle of the petals and dragging it out slightly, been careful not to get it in the centre of the flowers as I was adding Hello Honey to them and it would show through been darker.

With my little flowers all coloured I then moved onto my leaves, I used Mossy Meadow to cover all of them, I let these dry and then came in later with a damp paper towel and very carefully blotted some of the colour out to give the leaves a few highlights.
 
Next I did a lot of fussy cutting, trimming off the stems from all the flowers as I didn't need them for today’s cards, I ran a Black Sharpie around all the edges of the flowers / leaves, this just gives your finished piece a nice clean edge as it looks like part of the black embossing powder.
 
I trimmed down two sheets of Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper,
This gave me four card bases measuring 3 x 6 inches scored at the 3 Inches mark.
For two of the cards I heat embossed my Get Well sentiment in Rangers Super Fine Black Embossing Powder and on the other two cards I took the Thank You stamp form the Lotus Blossom Sale-A-Bration stamp set and stamped these in Pumpkin Pie.

 
To put my card together I glued down the leaves / branches to all four card bases, I glued the smaller of the two flowers down on top of the leaves and then popped the larger flowers up on a Foam Dot just to give the cards some dimension. To add a bit of sparkle I added Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to the centres of all the flowers. For my two Thank You cards I stamped the same sentiment in Pumpkin Pie to the bottom right hand corner of the Whisper White Square Envelopes.
 
Hope you enjoyed both of today’s posts.
Thanks for reading.
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Aqua Painters
Whisper White Square Envelopes
Hello Honey Classic Stampin' Pad
Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad
Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Lotus Blossom (Sale-A-Bration) - Clear Stamp Set - RETIRED
Bloom With Hope (Hostess Set) - Clear Stamp Set - RETIRED
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp

Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Tim Holtz - Distress Watercolor Cardstock
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
ZIG - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Tip Marker
 
.
 
OTHER

Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper
Rosie's Studio - Sentiments Clear Stamp Set - RETIRED


No comments