HELLO FRIEND

 
Hello Everyone,
Sorry I never posted a card for you all last week, However, I hope to make it up to you with two posts today. Both of today’s posts share one card design with two slightly different finishes, So I made a total of eight cards this week which gave me two of each finished card design.
 
Both of these designs are A2 top folding cards made out of Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper.
This paper is a nice weight for card bases and has a subtle embossed print on it that as the name suggest looks like linen or a very fine sanded wood texture.

 
With my card bases all done and set aside for later I moved on to my die cutting,
I used the pretty 2013 - 2015 In Colour cardstock Strawberry Slush and die cut four large Stitched Circles from Lil' Inker Designs, taking  a smaller circle from the same Stitched Circle set I die cut some light pink cardstock from American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 6 x 6 Paper Pad.


Next I die cut my Hello sentiment from LID’s sixteen times using Basic Black cardstock - yes you read that right, I wanted the same look from my card Golden Thanks with the Hello sentiment raised up without been to bulky, so like I was saying I die cut the word Hello sixteen times which gave me four for each card of the two card designs.

Because I hadn’t had enough of die cutting I then die cut four feathers using Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers Designer Dies out of We R Memory Keepers - Love Notes 6 x 6 Paper Pad in some printed pink cardstock and lastly I took some Gold Glimmer Paper and die cut four more feathers.

 
Now I was just left with the easy part which was stamping the rest of my sentiment,
I used the Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers Stamp Set that coordinates with the feather dies and took the neat word Friend from the stamp set and stamped this to the bottom right hand side of all four cards using the retired Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Ink Pad.

 
For the first two of these cards I keep my card design minimal with a lot of white area showing, I wanteda clean, crisp yet pretty end result, with the other two I added some little falling feathers from the Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers Stamp Set and heat embossed these in Rangers Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder down the left hand side, this just added a bit more of an elegant touch and made it a little more flashier than the other two cards.

I also added the gold heat embossed falling feathers down the left hand side to the front of two Whisper White C6 Envelopes, on the other two I took a single feather stamp from the same set and heat embossed a gold feather to the back flap of the envelopes.
 
Hope you like these cards and my two takes on the same design.
Thanks for reading,
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Gold Glimmer Paper
Basic Black A4 Cardstock
Whisper White - C6 Envelopes
Strawberry Slush A4 Cardstock - RETIRED
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad - RETIRED
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
Wplus9 - Fanciful Feathers Stamp Set
Wplus9 - Fanciful Feathers Designer Dies
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Gold
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
We R Memory Keepers - Love Notes 6 x 6 Paper Pad
American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 6 x 6 Paper Pad
 
.
 
Lil' Inker Designs
 
Hello Word Die
Stitched Mats - Circles
 
.
 
OTHER

Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments