LET ME COUNT THE WAYS


Hello, welcome back for another crafty Wednesday!
Today’s card is very similar to last week’s card in terms of the layout,
I original started off last week’s card design with a Whisper White Note Card but after heat embossing my sentiment and laying all my pieces out how I wanted them on my card front I decided that the colours just weren’t working for me and changed to a Crumb Cake Note Card. So I was left with this pre embossed Whisper White Note Card and didn’t want to waste a perfectly good card base so I thought I’d make a similar card and just change the colour combination - yes, I was having a lazy week when it came to been creative.
 
 
I love the 2013 - 2015 In Colour Pistachio Pudding and wanted to somehow use this colour on my card but I don’t own any of the coordinating DSP form that release so I looked through my stash of Patterned Paper in the hope to find something that would match, I ended up finding this one piece of Patterned Paper from the We R Memory Keepers - Love Notes 6X6 Paper Pad that has numbers written all over it with a really nice watercolour wash in places that happens to be a perfect match for Pistachio Pudding, plus my card has a birthday sentiment so it was perfect!
 
With matching Patterned Paper all sorted I next trimmed down some cardstock,
I kept to the same layout as last week with all my cardstock layered to the left so I trimmed the Basic Black cardstock to 1 3/8” , Pistachio Pudding cardstock to 3/8” and the Patterned Paper to 7/8”.
 
Now for the fun part of assembling the card!
I adhered the cardstock / Patterned Paper exactly same way as last week,
To make the card a bit more playful I added three butterflies under the sentiment, I made these the same way as the butterfly I used for my ITTY BITTY 3X3 CARD - Click on link for directions. Again I also added the banner to the top of the paper stack, this time just using the one banner in Basic Black and adding a little flower which I punched out using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack in Pistachio Pudding, to top off my little flower I added a black Neutral Candy Dot to the centre, I also had to use some of the gorgeous Silver Metallic Thread under the flower. Lastly I added the Wink of Stella to the butterflies and I was done.
 
Thanks for reading and hope to see you back next week,
Feel free to leave a comment if you like what you're seeing.
 
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Banner Punch
Bitty Butterfly Punch
Neutrals Candy Dots
Silver Metallic Thread
Basic Black A4 Cardstock
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
Pistachio Pudding A4 Cardstock - RETIRED
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp
 
Versamark - Ink Pad
EK Success - Powder Tool Applicator
We R Memory Keepers - Trim & Score Board
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
ZIG - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Tip Marker
We R Memory Keepers - Love Notes 6X6 Paper Pad


No comments