A HAPPY THING

Hello, I hope you are all enjoying your week so far.
Today’s card is following last week’s trend of water colouring.
My card features this adorable little bird from the“A Happy Thing” stamp set.
 (This is a retired 2015 Sale-A-Bration item and cannot be purchased anymore sorry).
 
I wanted this card to be simple with the bird as my main focus point.
I stated by heat embossing the bird onto some Tim Holtz - Distress Watercolour Cardstock and then grab my Aqua Painters and two colours I liked together - Daffodil Delight & Lost Lagoon, once my bird was dry I fussy cut him out and trimmed off the leaves from the branch he is sitting on and added some Wink of Stella to the Lost Lagoon parts of the bird.
 

I then die cut a stitched rectangle out of some Trophee Board - White Linen paper and a small stitched circle from the Lawn Fawn - Stitched Party Banners Die set out of some Lost Lagoon cardstock, I also heat embossed one of my favourite sentiment from Simon Says Stamp in the same black embossing powder.
 
To give the card some depth I popped the Lost Lagoon circle and the bird up on some foam dots, I also added a few of my favourite Neutrals Candy Dots to give the card some more colour. Lastly I stamped the front of the envelope in Lost Lagoon using the same bird so it had a cute matching envelope.
 
I hope you liked this bird card,
Thanks for reading.
 
- SUPPLY LIST -
 
Stampin’ up!
 
Heat Tool
Aqua Painters
Neutrals Candy Dots
Lost Lagoon A4 Cardstock
Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad
Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
Tombow MONO - Multipurpose Liquid Glue
A Happy Thing (Sale-A-Bration) - Clear Stamp Set - RETIRED
 
.
 
Simon Says Stamp

Tim Holtz - Distress Watercolor Cardstock
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Party Banners Dies
Ranger - Embossing Powder Super Fine Black
Best Creation - Big Circles 3D Foam Tape Dots
ZIG - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Tip Marker
Simon Says Stamp - Birthday Balloons Clear Stamp

.

Lil' Inker Designs
 
Stitched Mats – Rectangles
 
.
 
OTHER

Trophee Board - White Linen 240 GSM Paper


No comments